Wednesday 24 July 2013

Crimson Talon

Crimson Talon by Jed Uy
Wielding the 'Crimson Talon', the prince adorned in bird-like armour defies the stars.

Paint Tool SAI is a fantastic piece of software that I have recently adopted. It really does allow for some slick linework, something that I experimented with for this particular artwork.

Stylistically, I was inspired by the beautiful, ornate fantasy illustration of Yoshitaka Amano and Tomomi Kobayashi -two brilliant artists. The prince exhibits some more elaborately-designed armour than I might usually draw, and an overall more fey appearance.

In terms of other influences, his outfit also has shades of an avian motif (peacock feathers, swan-like pauldrons, etc), but I also drew a little inspiration from several kinds of teapot of all things(!)

~Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment